Monday, May 12, 2008

Angry angry man

Everyone's angry. Everyone's stressed. Everyone's rushing, red-faced, dazed. Why? Exams? Formal? Parents? Assessments?

What does it all matter? Will you be better if you snap at everyone who tries to help you? Will you be angry yourself when you try to help someone, but the only response is a hostile one?

Anger is good, when it's controlled. If you let it boil over, prepare for a few bridges to be burnt - or at least singed for a while.

I'm the first to admit my hypocrisy. I'm known to snap when under stress, under the pump. But, I'm working on it!

What am I saying here? God, I don't know.

School isn't everything. Results aren't everything. Believe it or not, a good ENTER won't set you up for life. Especially if you bury yourself in your room studying for a year only to wake up one day with no social skills, no friends, and a little piece of paper in your hand that means nothing because you didn't take the time to work out what to do with it.

Money isn't everything. For God's sake, don't go into a job for the money. It sounds pompous coming from someone such as yours truly, but I know people who's only goal is to make money. And they sit on it. Guess what? They're not happy. They're the most boring individuals with tired, repetitive jokes who never come out because it's too expensive.

LIFE is important. LIVE your life. ENJOY yourself.

God I'm a fucking preacher.

No comments: